I love baby showers. There is nothing better than getting together with a bunch of friends and family to celebrate the upcoming arrival of a little baby. The friends, the fun – and of course, the food!
I have been to my fair share of baby showers. And let's be honest – the highlight of the party is the food. I think it's important that the food is done right, but it doesn't have to be fussy. These recipes featuring Wisconsin Cheese are simple to make but special enough to impress.
Here are a few more tips to make a baby shower a success!
- Keep things simple. You can spend hours on a recipe, but people usually flock to the simpler dishes.
- Individual servings work the best. You'll want to provide plates, but dips in individual cups are easier for guests to grab, and easier to eat.
- Keep portions small. People will be socializing while eating, so one- or two-bite appetizers work the best.
- Make things that are easy to make ahead of time. The less you have to do before the party starts, the better.
- A little decoration goes a long way! Use cupcake liners on the bottom of cups filled with dip for a special touch.
- When setting up the food table, different levels and heights are the most visually appealing. Use cake platters or stack plates to display the food at different heights.
The biggest thing is to stay calm, and have fun! Baby showers are for celebrating, and as long as you are relaxed and having fun, your guests will be having fun, too!
Recipes, photos and tips by Taste and Tell.