Family Pizza Night with Baked Bree and Wisconsin Cheese
Pizza parties are a weekly occurrence in my house. They are a great way to celebrate a Friday night with my family, or to entertain guests. Adults and children alike love making their own pizza. When we are having friends with children over, I love to have this kind of meal. Everyone is happy. In the summer, we take it outside and make pizza on the grill. Whether you are making pizza for a crowd or pizza for two, it is an easy way to entertain.
I love that I can get all of the cheeses and toppings ready ahead of time and have everything ready for my guests. I sit back and sip a glass of wine while my friends and family do all of the work. Win-win!
Pizza parties get people involved and engaged with what they are eating. I like to use the usual suspects, like tomato sauce and Mozzarella cheese, but I also like to add some new flavors and cheeses to the mix. Who says that pizza cannot be white? Or Thai inspired? Or even Mexican? All you need to do is take a look around your pantry and fridge for inspiration.
Family Pizza Night Tips:
- You have lots of options for crust. You can make your own. Buy fresh dough from your grocery store. Or use French bread, tortillas, pita or flatbread.
- The easiest way to grate cheese is the food processor. Make sure that your cheese is cold and use the grating disk. In seconds, you have shredded cheese in any variety you like.
- To keep the clean-up contained, designate one area (preferably by the sink) for rolling dough. It makes for easier clean up after the fact.
- The key to a crispy crust is a very hot oven. Preheat your oven to its highest setting for at least 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Dough is easier to roll out at room temperature. Let it sit, covered, for 30 minutes before rolling.
- Prepare your toppings ahead of time and keep in small bowls or a large tray. Not only is it convenient, it serves as your table decoration as well.
- Crank up the air or open a few windows. With such a high oven temperature, the kitchen can get warm. Do yourself a favor and keep the house as cool as you can.
- A pizza party is a great option when you are feeding people who have different tastes and preferences. All of these recipes are vegetarian, but you can add chicken or any kind of meat for more protein.
Recipes, tips and photos by Baked Bree.