Slam Dunk Appetizers
Cheering on your favorite college basketball team can be hard work. Be sure to have plenty of fan fuel on hand in the form of cheesy dips and appetizers. These recipes featuring Wisconsin Cheese will keep you going well into overtime.
Wisconsin Cheese Dip Party Tips
- Give your game day snacks a theme! Feature dips and snacks based on your favorite team's region. Give a little Cajun flair to the proceedings with a savory Cajun Nachos with Sausage, or a Southwest kick with a Tex-Mex Cheddar dip.
- Make your dips ahead of time so you don't miss a moment of the action. Making your dips a day in advance and it will actually enhance the flavors and really set them apart. Then you'll be ready to enjoy the game start to finish when those whistles blow.
- Set out team-themed napkins, streamers, and table-scapes in your favorite team's colors.
- Create snacking stations with different snacks in different areas of your home. Hot appetizers on one table, drinks at another. Place small bowls of chips or nuts on end tables. Encourage your guests to get up and mingle and help keep everyone from packing in around one small space.
- Pit your favorite appetizers against each other in a single elimination bracket, just like the game! Assign snack categories to your friends so you have two from each (dip, chip, dessert, drink, meat and veggie) and let them go head- to-head in a bracket of their own. It's March Snack-ness!